AAP
Previous Next
AAP

Agencies    AAP


Australian Associated Press

Australian Associated Press was formed in 1935 as the national news agency of Australia. Today AAP is Australia's largest independent originator and aggregator of news and information, serving the media, government, business and financial markets.

AAP's media intelligence division; Medianet, leverages this foothold in the Australian media to distribute press releases and media statements nationwide.

AAP Medianet is the most reputable press release distribution service in Australia offering direct access to newsrooms and journalists with publishing to the AAP Newswire and to the Medianet website, dissemination via email, SMS and other online publishing options. Medianet also offers an industry-unique news release review service where-by our editorial team review and score press releases for their newsworthiness for the media industry.

Internationally, as an AsiaNet member, Medianet communicates directly with 33 countries across the Asia-Pacific region and beyond, through its exclusive links with leading news release organisations in Europe and the United States.

AAP Medianet

Address:
AAP Medianet (Sydney office)
3 Rider Boulevard
Rhodes NSW 2138
Australia

AAP Medianet (Melbourne office)
3/250 Victoria Parade
East Melbourne VIC 3003
Australia

Contact:
Medianet International
+61 2 9322 8686
medianet@aap.com.au

General email:
medianetsales@aap.com.au

Website:
www.medianet.com.au
Latest Press Release
FILE:Minister for Women Kelly O'€™Dwyer (left) and Minister for Families and Social Services Paul Fletcher are seen at the launch of the next phase of the "Stop it at the Start" campaign to reduce violence against women and their children at the Hilton Hotel in Adelaide, Wednesday, October 3, 2018. (AAP Image/David Mariuz) NO ARCHIVIN

FILE:Minister for Women Kelly O'€™Dwyer (left) and Minister for Families and Social Services Paul Fletcher are seen at the launch of the next phase of the "Stop it at the Start" campaign to reduce violence against women and their children at the Hilton Hotel in Adelaide, Wednesday, October 3, 2018. (AAP Image/David Mariuz) NO ARCHIVIN

FED: Changes to address redress info concerns

Date: Sun 14 Oct 2018

CANBERRA, Oct 14 AAP - Australians who experienced child sexual abuse while in the care of institutions will no longer be forced to disclose the impact of the abuse to the organisations involved in order to join a national redress scheme.

The federal government says it will "fine-tune" an application form for joining the scheme, so applicants can chose whether or not share an impact statement with the institution in which they were abused.

The change follows outcry from some survivors over having to share their personal experiences with their abusers.

"We are listening to those survivors and are responding," Social Services Minister Paul Fletcher said in a statement on Sunday.

Mr Fletcher said the government will work with the states and territories to secure their formal agreement for the change as soon as possible.

"We will talk to relevant parties as a matter of urgency to modify the form in a way that achieves the outcomes for survivors that the redress scheme was designed to deliver."

The national scheme began on July 1 to provide redress to about 60,000 people who were sexually abused as children while in the care of institutions, and will run for 10 years.

It provides access to counselling, a redress payment and a direct personal response such as an apology from an institution, if the survivor wants it.

So far only a handful of payments have been made under the scheme, from more than 1500 applications lodged.


Source: AAP Australian General News